วันจันทร์ที่ 18 พฤษภาคม พ.ศ. 2552

Can my auto insurance company place a claim on my record by simply calling to ask a question?

I was in my boyfriend's truck and backed into our garage door. I called my auto ins. to ask if I needed to make a claim or if he did since it was his truck. They said he should, and he did. I recently was getting ins. quotes and found out it is on my record, even though his insurance paid for the damages.


When you provide initial information such as name, address, drivers license number, and social security number to an insurance company, the purpose for this information is because they are going to run a dmv check along with a soft credit report check. Upon receipt of the report they have your driving history (well about 6 years of it).

Your accident when you were driving your boyfriend's truck will appear as the driver of that vehicle, but it will list him as the policyholder (it will also list how much was paid out in the accident and it should also demonstrate if it was paid through comp- cp or collision- co or medical- m or pi).

So regardless if you were the policyholder, or not you will still be listed as the driver (since you were driving the truck when the accident happened).

Hope that helps....

It may have been his claim, but it was still your single vehicle at-fault accident.

Sorry.

i here different things like the car insurance is on the car not the person and i here the insurance is on you not the car

0 ความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น